airFiber 5GHz Maintenance Contract
Ubiquiti airFiber 5GHz AF5 or AF5U One year Maintenance Contract two radios (full Link)
Congratulations for choosing the Ubiquiti AirFiber for your high speed wireless point to point solution. The AirFiber wireless bridge is at the high end of the Ubiquiti range and will require expert installers to get the most out of the link for speed and reliability. Go Wireless NZ Ltd supports the Manufacturer’s warrantee for all Ubiquiti products and will RMA the Ubiquiti AirFiber back to Ubiquiti for repair should any problems arise. As this RMA Repair process may take up to 2 to 3 months, Go Wireless NZ Ltd is offering an AirFiber maintenance contract which will provide loan units while your radio is being repaired. The Maintenance contract can be purchased for full link (two radios) within 7 days from the date of purchase. Dead on Arrival (DOA) radios will not need a maintenance contract for a forward replacement, but Go Wireless NZ Ltd will need to be advised within 7 days of the date of purchase for the radio to be considered a DOA. The installation should be overseen by an experienced IT professional so that all care is taken with the mounting of and running of cables to ensure a reliable link. The cables used should be shielded Gigabit compatible Ethernet cables, tested to the IEEE568B standard. Damaged Ethernet ports due to poorly constructed Ethernet cables is not covered by the Manufacturer’s warrantee.
- Some Recommendations from Ubiquiti: Clear line of sight between airFiber radios
- Clear view of the sky for proper GPS operation
- Mounting location with < 0.5° displacement due to twist and sway under wind loading
- Mounting point: At least 1 meter below the highest point on the structure
- For tower installations, at least 3 meters below the top of the tower
- Ground wires – min. 8 AWG (10 mm2) and max. length: 1 meter
- As a safety precaution, ground the airFiber radios to grounded masts, poles, towers, or grounding bars.
- Recommended: Outdoor Gigabit Ethernet PoE surge protectors
- Each contract will be linked to the serial numbers of the radios purchased and are only transferable if Ubiquiti or Go Wireless NZ Ltd supply replacement radios. Once a maintenance contract is in place it can be renewed each year, for up to 5 years or until the product becomes end of line, whichever comes first.
- Go Wireless NZ Ltd reserves the right to pass on any charges from Ubiquiti if radios returned for RMA are found to be damaged from improper use or poor installation. This contract is subject to the Terms and conditions of Go Wireless NZ Ltd and can be seen here https://www.gowifi.co.nz/terms-conditions-of-sale.html
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact the team at Go Wireless NZ Ltd for more Information.